You know He's a calling when.....

Last night was undoubtable the worst night sleep I have had in probably years.  I couldn't sleep ---- for some reason I just couldn't sleep.  I've been getting up more in the middle of the night the past week than I can ever remember.........and last night was the worst.......but why?

The first things that come to mind are:  coffee, sick, napping during the day, stressed, and the list goes on, but not any of those are the reason.  The most likely one would be stress, but I am getting lots of exercise so that is releasing a lot of my stress......hmmmmmm

As I tossed and turned last night I remember praying........God this is You and I know it.  What are you calling of me at this hour?  What are you speaking to me that I'm not hearing during my waking hours?  I can't answer these questions, but I know God had me right where He wanted me.........praying for answers, praying for guidance, praying for His input!

If you have been following the past few blogs, you know I'm coming up against some career altering decisions with lots of questions.   Questions I know God is leading me to ask.  At this point, I'm awake at night, praying for guidance and praying for answers.

That being said, I'm in no rush - for the first time in my life I don't want the perfect ending to be here right now, I think I need the journey and I'm looking forward to it!  So God, thank You for the sleepless night and for this unsettling feeling inside that encourages me to look up!


No comments:

Post a Comment