This past week myself and 7 other beautiful ladies embarked on a journey to live 'intentionally focused!'
The back story:
I've been following an online community of women (GoodMorningGirls.org) for months and apparently didn't get the memo for this bible study until after the day of enrollment ended. I woke up last Saturday and jumped on the computer after finding a notice on my phone to see if I could still enroll….sadly I couldn't….but there was a small quotation that said "if you still want to join us the material will be available and you can make your own group!" I remember looking up and saying "OK! Got the hint!" So…..I rallied forces and requested the company of some of the greatest women I know to join in this adventure. We total 7!
Goal: To live more INTENTIONALLY with our lives. We are all daughters of God, mothers, sisters, friends, wives, students, and career women looking to know God better……to be better at living our lives as God desires us to be!
We just finished week 1 and I am absolutely amazed at the focus and awareness that has already been observed with spending more time with God and allowing God to intentionally focusing our days!
Lessons from week 1 (Intentionally-Focused) for me:
- Imitate God by loving others, in our giving, in offering our time, and in our sacrifice.
- Organize and plan our days with God in mind…..consult God with our days so that we may grow in wisdom.
- Our path is much clearer if we remove that which hinders us. Remove the little things that hinder us from spending time with God!
- The living we do on earth needs not to be lazy or relaxed, but conscious and intentional….for we are susceptible to many things so be cautious to how we use our time, especially our free time!
- Keep going….when it is hard, or I fail…..keep looking up towards God!
My goal this week was to spend time with God…..and as much as I wanted to sleep for an extra hour…I didn't. Somehow getting up and spending about an hour with God in the morning helped me get more things done during the day! I am amazed at how purposeful my actions are after spending time with God…….."fix your eyes on Jesus!"
Sweet Harmonies,
Kristin Noel

No comments:
Post a Comment