The question I get frequently is "Are you ready to come home?" Well, that is a loaded question as Adam and I are in between "homes/houses" and frankly in between our life up till now and whatever comes next.
- Am I ready to see my family? YES!
- Am I ready to see my friends? YES!
- Am I ready to drink tap water? Yes
- Am I ready to use a washer and dryer? Yes
- Am I ready to get back to work? YES!
- Am I ready to cook and bake? Yes
- Am I ready to leave Europe? Yes and no
I can honestly say since we said "I do," Adam and I have been in a series of waiting. Waiting for grad school to end.....waiting for thesis revisions......waiting for test scores......waiting for school acceptance......waiting for rental options to open up......waiting for jobs......waiting, waiting, waiting. At times I have been so tired of waiting and just when we get to our point of exhaustion with waiting.....God calls us to wait longer. At times we have wanted to hurry this system and others thankful for the time, but I look at those waiting moments differently now. We live in a culture where we are always planning for what is next and often miss what is happening now. My time in Europe taught me to stop, wait, and take in the moment. Many of the places and memories we've experienced we will never have again and they are too good to quickly pass by. Life is too good to pass it by and not take in every second.
At the beginning of this trip I was hoping for a revelation, a change, and finally no more waiting......but that's not what happened...not yet anyway. I wish I could say I have everything figured out about where my business is going, when to have kids, or where we will live, whether to rent or to buy.....but the truth is we don't. God is still working in us and through us with each of these major areas.
What we do have figured out is that we are thankful for our life. Thankful that we get to wake up everyday next to each other. Thankful that I get to work with amazing clients and families using music. Thankful that we can pay our bills and work on our debt. Thankful that we have family that miss us and worry about us when we aren't around.
Thankful that we have a God who through the moments of waiting loves us and has provided for us at every turn. What more could we ask for? Nothing....the answer is nothing! This is life, it is messy, and it is exactly where I want to be!
Kristin Noel
Kristin, this was extremely well put and I had goosebumps through reading most of it, partially because of your words and insight, and partly because as your much older cousin (ok not that much) I am also just so happy and proud of the person you have become, you and Adam are two of the most sincere, caring, and real people I know and I'm glad to have Y'all in my life and glad you had this amazing experience with gramma ;) Love ya and hope to see you soon!! ;);)
ReplyDelete