Tonight is the last video with my music students. I have enjoyed sharing their talents and love of music with you the past few days.
I was reminded by my mother-in-law today how difficult it is to get up in front of people to perform. Some people are naturally gifted in front of others and then others of us struggle. As a music teacher and therapist at heart, I stress the importance of ENJOYING music. It isn't about hitting every note correctly, or playing a piece perfectly from start to finish. Sometimes LIVE music is about making a mistake and learning to keep going and that to me is a better talent to learn than playing it perfectly. Live music isn't suppose to be perfect, in my book. Live music is real and that's why I love it so much. It is about feeling and heart and enjoyment for the performer and the audience.
I can honestly say I am a PROUD teacher, not because my student's play every note perfectly; but because they start, they finish, they learn, and they encourage each other.
I am a PROUD teacher!
Devin and I will be performing this piece live at our Christmas Pageant this Sunday and would like to share it with you tonight.
Have a wonderful rest of your week! See you tomorrow!
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment