.....homemade applesauce!
Adam and I have the privilege to be at the Whiteman Homestead Farm this weekend! As I type we are smelling the sweet, sweet smells of cooking Johnathan apples from Weir's Fruit Farm.....soon to be homemade applesauce! I couldn't resist sharing this simple yet Fall-essential recipe!
Homemade Applesauce:
- 1/2 peck of apples (Johnathan or like)
- crock pot or large sauce pan
- dash of water (3/4 cup per 1/2 peck of apples)
- sugar or sweetener (for diabetics) - to taste
- Cinnamon - to taste
Wash apples, peel and cut in cubes. *I don't always peel because we like it chunky. After the apples are cut into cubes place in the sauce pan on low or in the crock pot on medium-high with dash of water and let cook down. Occasionally stir if possible, however, not necessary. When the apples are at your desired consistency stir in sugar and cinnamon to taste. Key: you can always add more and remember apples are sweet on their own! Serve warm or chilled and keep in containers for up to a week in the refrigerator. Enjoy the 1st taste of fall!
Hint: "This is also a great recipe to pop in the crock pot, head to work, and enjoy after a long day!"
From our family to yours,
The Vetetos
Labels:
Sweets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment