Hola from the beautiful Rio Dulce!
Today we woke up again inside a mosquito net after a wonderful nights sleep. I woke up to the rooster crow...seriously a rooster at around 5 am or earlier. Irma gets up around 3am every morning. We enjoyed a simple breakfast with the family and then packed and headed ALL of us into one Tuk Tuk. It seems that each day we pack more and more into a Tuk Tuk and I think it won't fit, but every time we fit it in....it is amazing. Today we had luggage for the family plus Gramma and I plus all of us equalling 8 people + the driver = 9. Six adults and 3 children. Amazing!
We took the Tuk Tuk to the market to get the community bus. Everyday we meet new experiences...today it was a community bus from Morales to the Rio Dulce. It was hot which was really my only complaint, but even that was bearable. The girls sat on our laps and luckily I was in the middle front and didn't get car sick. We made it to Bruno's restaurant and hotel where we will stay tonight and had lunch.
We then went on a boat ride to San Philippe castle and it was absolutely beautiful! We had a small tour and it was wonderful. The kiddos listened intently and had a good time running and climbing. We then had a beautiful boat ride back and went swimming at the hotel pool. The girls don't swim but Juan and I out them on our backs and had races in the pool. A good time was had by all.
We are now at dinner enjoying a lovely dinner ....me with a PiƱa Colada.....yes please!
Adios!
Gramma & Kristin


































No comments:
Post a Comment