Ever have the feeling you have no control over your body? Example: when you know your husband isnt't really doing anything wrong but you are making his life miserable and it is as if you can't stop. You think to yourself "why am I acting this way" "why do I not have any control over my words and emotions?" That ladies is the earthly part of you Joanna Weaver refers to as "Flesh Woman."
Joanna Weaver describes this feeling by sayaing "I don't understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead I do the very thing I hate." This is the part of you that you hide from the world and that many times your immediate family is the only one to see.......the part you are hoping isn't the real you. The truth----> it is the real you, but it is ONLY part of you. Thankfully we have an inner spirit that God controls....not Flesh Woman.
The way I understand it is that there are many different areas of our heart and it is a constant fight for who controls each part.....it is possible to have God control one area and Flesh Woman another. For example: you could be doing great with setting aside quiet time with God but you are still battling the way you treat others when you feel less than appreciated or you aren't getting enough attention from your family. This is an example where parts of your inner self are stable and others are not.......ring a bell? Feel like just when you conquer one area another area slips? I know I do and the truth is that feeling won't likely go away and that it will probably take a lifetime to allow God to control your whole heart. It is that sinful part of us that is battling for control.
This is not to say that these actions from the Flesh Woman in you are ok and justified, it is just a way of wrapping your mind around it.......instead of accepting Flesh Woman's presence it is a time to call in for reinforcement......you know who that is.....God! I've found one of the most helpful things to do is to identify out loud either in a journal or in prayer the behavior I wish to change and ask God for help.
It is this awareness of my inner Flesh Woman that is the first step in letting God change me piece by piece.
I again invite you to let God change you.....you won't regret it! Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment