Challenge Accepted!

I have long been aware of the fact that I just simply need to get this "thesis" thing done!  The dreaded "t" word that I would like very much to write and design itself and contact me when it is through.  Right!?!

After a chat with my advisor I realized that if I want to graduate in December I better get this proposal in ASAP!  Ok...that's all she needed to say to get my butt in gear! So here it is!

This is my spring break (that is from work) so I get Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off - well minus a few students on Thursday afternoon!  I have 100% completely committed myself to finishing this proposal by Sunday morning at 6:15am (which is our sunrise service for Easter)!  That's right Adam.....that means no housework, no meals, no laundry, no wine and movie nights for 4 days! :)

The challenge:  Begin and complete my master's thesis proposal by Sunday (April 8th, 2012) @ 6:15am.
Preparations:
1) I've cleaned my desk completely free of any other work, school, fun, etc.....that means no blogging - well I'll blog each night about my progress....so stay tuned!
2) I've prepared short, easy meals like homemade granola bars to keep me out of the kitchen and in the office!
3) I've put away all music/fun stuff to keep my mind off of what REALLY needs to be done.

*I've also got a non-research book (The Pioneer Woman's Biography of her steamy romance with her cowboy of a husband) ready for my every night get away from reality.  This is a time I WILL need after a day with the "t" word!

So that is it readers......the next 4 days belong to my thesis and only it!  If I don't pick up the phone....it isn't because I don't want to talk with you, but rather the major "t" word is keeping all my attention and likely every ounce of energy I have in me!

I've made a checkpoint list of what I would like to get done each day and I'll keep you posted every night with my progress!

So there you have it.......the challenge.....the goal.......the plan!

Now for an early night sleep.......early morning workout to get me going......and I'll see you tomorrow!

Day 1...... bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment