What a glorious day, what a perfect day!
Today was a day I've been waiting for this entire week! It was the light at the end of my tunnel in the midst of the "t" word challenge......how perfect that this day shall be Easter! The day our Lord rose from the dead and gave us peace in the midst of fear!
It began bright and early with a workout at 5:15am, by 6:30am we were at sunrise service in the shelter house at our church! It was the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen - maybe it was the dreams I had, had of how it would be after the challenge was over.....it was even better then I had imagined!
It followed by grocery shopping for baking stuff as we gave up sweets for lent and haven't had a sweet in 40 days! So we stocked up so I could do a little baking!
By 9am we were back at church where I corralled my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders around to the Easter festivities at church where we heard all about the Easter story.....o and hunted for eggs also! Adam was one of the readers for the children and did a great job! It was certainly a great way to jumpstart Easter celebrations!
10am I am chatting with a few ladies and who comes up behind me to surprise me......my mom and dad! O MY GOSH! I had NO idea and being overcome with emotion I cried right then and there like a little kid coming home from camp.....weeping and wiping tears from my eyes......mom cried, I cried......and I think even dad cried! I hadn't seen them since Christmas and it was joyously overwhelming to see them. With LOTS of hugs and LOTS of tears we gathered ourselves there in the middle of the gathering area at church and then enjoyed a PERFECTLY lovely church service! What a service! We are normally in the choir, but with the business of our life at this time, we had the great pleasure to LISTEN.....I know right! It was beautiful with a full orchestra and chorus, with children and the joy they bring, with a peaceful and encouraging sermon.......what a day already and it isn't even noon yet!
By noon we were on our way to a lovely lunch with my parents where we sat outside with the beautiful sun and enjoyed a perfectly delicious meal together!
By 2pm we were back at our apartment telling stories, laughing, smiling, ......eating candy.....and enjoying every second of our time together! There truly is nothing like family and wish for everyone to know the joy that is family and the joy they bring to life!
By 5pm they were on their way back to the farm and the two of us sat and enjoyed the sun of the afternoon, planted a few more herbs (Rosemary and Mint), and soaked in every ounce of the day!
I truly can't imagine a more perfect day.....a more perfect life! In the midst of trial and hard, hard work......there is nothing like a perfect day to refill your battery to go out and do it all again!
Today was everything and more that I dreamt it to be......much more!
My Lord rose today, Your Lord rose today and as a result we can LIVE! So LIVE and live fully in all you do!

No comments:
Post a Comment