Day 2

Brutal is the only word I have to explain Day 2.  I got up around 7am and got right to work......no workout.  Those of you that know me personally know that about 6 out of the 7 days of the week I am up working out ......so not starting the day off with a good workout was strike 1.

I knew there was going to be a point in this challenge where I felt overwhelmed, discouraged, and basically loose all hope....that day was today!  I opened up my inbox to find that YES Inter-Loan Library had sent me all the articles I requested...WOW.....I forgot how many.....Check 1 (overwhelmed)!

As the day progressed I began to find more and more to look for in the articles and as the list of "read" was still less than the list of "to-read"......Check 2 (discouraged)!

After a delightful break for about 2 hours of teaching music lessons, I sat back down wanting nothing more than to get on Pinterest, blog, read my book.......but I knew I had to sit down and read MORE research papers.....MORE?  Yes.... MORE!..............Check 3 (loss of all hope)!

So having not taken a shower since the morning, belly grumbling because it is hungry, head splitting with a headache from doing nothing but reading small print research articles ALL day......at 9pm.............................I had had enough!

I joined my husband in a lovely glass of red wine (maybe 2 or 3), made a lovely Greek Salad and sat down and watched Food Network for the remainder of the night.  I was even too tired to read in my book!

So...... Day 1 was full of hope and excitement over learning all the new information and finding links and dreaming of this project........Day 2 was when the reality of the challenge and this whole project for the "t" word really hit me......and it did too.....POW.........like getting hit by a bus!

I went to bed....hoping and praying that Day 3 would shed some light on this dark, dark journey I am in!

No comments:

Post a Comment