Day 13 - Guatemala 2013

Hola from Panajachel!

I am simply going to say......this is the most beautiful place next to Santorini I have ever been! It is breathtaking and I'm not lying when I say I couldn't stop smiling and it brought tears to my eyes the beauty of this place. I stood in awe of the great splendor. The photos came out well but they truly can't capture the emotion this vista brings.

Our day was simple.....we woke this morning to the rising of the sun at the family's house after a wonderful night sleep. Irma was up around 5 to make us cafe and Atol. We left about 7am in a Tuk Tuk after giving hugs and thanking them profusely for their hospitality. We then met up with our driver who would take us all the way from Morales to Panajachel in his pickup truck. So we piled in and headed off. Through sun and rain, heat and fog, bumpy roads and twists and turns that would make a sailor sick.......we made it in one piece 7 1/2 hours later.

 

We arrived at our hotel (Hotel Jardines del Lago) and went out to dinner at a lovely little open air restaurant/bar with a perfect view of Lake Atitlan. The weather is much different here as we basically drove from the Caribbean side of Guatemala to the Pacific side. The weather is chilly and rainy today so Gramma and I had a glass of red wine with a cup of soup, guacamole, and homemade toast. It was the perfect meal to cap a long day of travel.

Goodnight from beautiful Panajachel.

Gramma & Kristin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment